What Should You Avoid During This Anti – Candida Diet?
Candida is a fungus that normally lives in the digestive tract of each person along with beneficial bacteria and other microorganisms that live in the area of our intestines.
That is the reason why the unhealthy overgrowth of Candida usually begins in the digestive tract, from where the infection gradually spreads to other parts of the body. There is a great connection between Candida and our diet. Strictly controlled diet is an important factor in the fight against Candida, since it is necessary to eliminate those substances which Candida finds useful.
What should you avoid during the anti – Candida diet?
- The anti Candida diet strictly forbids the consumption of sugar because it is the favorite food of fungi. Therefore, sugar is strictly prohibited, even in small quantities, like adding sugar to coffee or tea.
- Except refined white sugar, you should also avoid brown sugar, honey and all possible sweets that contain sugar (cakes, cookies, chocolate …).
- Eliminate fruits which contain sugar from the diet, and those include almost all fruits except lemon and grapefruit.
- All foods produced through the process of fermentation, such as, for example, acidic cabbage, vinegar … Except yoghurt.
- Milk, cheese and other dairy products, some of which are exceptions, like butter and yogurt.
- Yeast and any type of bread or pastry obtained from sour dough using yeast. We must not forget that beer contains yeast, so it is undesirable drink during the anti Candida diet.
- All types of fungi.
- Pork in any form.
- Foods rich in starch and simple carbohydrates (potatoes, white flour, white rice, pastry …)
- Canned products
- Whipped cream and ice cream.
- Coffee, black tea, alcoholic beverages and sweets.
- After reading this list, many will ask in panic: “Then, what can we eat?”
- However, the solution can be found in the list of desired products.
Allowed food during anti Candida diet
- During the anti Candida diet, you are allowed to eat fresh and cooked vegetables (carrots, beets, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, celery, garlic, onion, lettuce …). Almost all vegetables, except melons (watermelon and melon), due to the high sugar content they contain. Avoid pumpkin as well.
- Legumes (beans, peas …)
- Integrated grains (corn, wheat, oats, barley, rye, rice, millet, …) except sugar corn.
- Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts …)
- Seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin …)
- Wheat flour bread and pastry, without yeast.
- Meat of feathered animals, game, fish and seafood.
- Chicken soup with vegetables with spice herbs, according to taste and flavor.
- Soy milk, tofu cheese, yogurt.
- Butter, margarine, and vegetable oil.
- Teas (cranberry, sage, chamomile), to which you are allowed to add lemon juice
- Besides tea, the anti Candida diet requires greater input of water for the cause of the purification of the body.
In order the anti – Candida diet to be effective, it is necessary to adhere to it for a longer period, especially when this fungal infection will withdraw, to prevent it from coming back.