Historical records prove that Hippocrates used apple cider vinegar in his treatments somewhere around 400 B.C. He used natural, raw apple cider vinegar as a cleansing and healing elixir. Apple cider vinegar is a natural antibiotic, and its antiseptic properties aid in the fight against germs and bacteria.
Undistilled apple cider vinegar is made from organic apples that mature/ferment in wooden barrels.
This vinegar has a rich brown color, and a distinctive vinegary taste. The original product contains the “mother” as well. The murky substance indicates the maturity of the vinegar, and it grows as the vinegar matures.
Organic apple cider vinegar has a pungent odor that may pucker your mouth.
It’s a complex structure comprised of beneficial acids that provide a vast number of health benefits. As mentioned before, the original product will always come packed with its “mother.”
The “mother” is rich in proteins, enzymes, antioxidants and good bacteria. So, the more your vinegar matures, the better it becomes.
You can’t see the “mother” in filtered apple cider vinegar, and it’s not as healthy as the original product.
Apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium, phosphorus, organic sodium, magnesium, sulphur, iron, copper, organic fluorine, silicon and many other trace minerals.
Raw apple cider vinegar is rich in malic acid, and we give you some of the best health benefits it provides:
- Pain relief – It relieves pain within 48 hours
- Energy boost – It converts carbs, protein, and fat into energy, which is why it’s considered as an excellent fat-burning product
- Anti-aging benefits – Apply it topically to remove dead skin, prevent premature aging, reduce wrinkles, and boost the production of collagen.
Apple cider vinegar is super-packed with potassium. The fermentation process eases its absorption in the body. It’s the potassium content that makes this vinegar so powerful and unique.
Potassium deficiency occurs as a result of poor dietary habits. Potassium is an “artery scrubber,” because it prevents any hardening and clogging.
Here are the most common symptoms of potassium deficiency:
- Pain in muscles and bones (lower back pain is the most common)
- Chronic fatigue
- Itchy scalp, dandruff and premature tinning and balding
- Itchy, sore, watery and tired eyes (poor focus) is also common
- Brain fogging, poor memory, forgetfulness
- Impatience and irritability, nervousness, depression, and anxiety
- Cold hands and feet
How to make a difference between natural and distilled apple cider vinegar
If your vinegar is bright, clear, and clean, you’ve bought the pasteurized stuff.
The distillation process destroys enzymes and nutrients that help the body fight toxins, and reduce inflammation.
Distilled apple cider vinegar tastes like regular vinegar, and it doesn’t provide any health benefits. It has nothing to do with natural, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. You don’t need the processed stuff, and you should only use it to clean surfaces in your house.
Source: Juicing For Health