When it comes to overall health turmeric is one of the most well-known natural remedies. A substance, known as curcumin, reduces inflammation. It eases symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis such as inflammation and pain.
Curcumin also blocks the growth of certain types of tumors. It has been shown that a turmeric extract containing curcumin was able to stabilize colorectal cancer. It helps in protection against various skin diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, colitis, stomach ulcers, high cholesterol levels and various other conditions.
Turmeric is used as a cooking ingredient in South Asia and as a flavor enhancer to various meals. It can be eaten mostly with food, but however there are other ways to use turmeric without having to cook up an entire meal, and one way is a delicious turmeric smoothie.
The key ingredient of this smoothie is turmeric because of the wide range of its healthy benefits, but however there are many other healthy ingredients that made this smoothie the best recipes which strengthen the immune system.
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk full of fiber and vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6
- ½ cup pineapple or mango which is a good source of vitamin C protecting the immune system of deficiencies and various diseases
- 1 fresh banana which is a good source of potassium helping to maintain fluid balance and keeping the function of the brain, nerves, heart, and muscles
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon- lowers the blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
- ½ teaspoon ginger-reduces pre-menstruation cramps, and pain caused by arthritis and also reduces nausea and dizziness.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds which are a good source of fiber, calcium, protein, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids
- 1 teaspoon maca powder used for treating anemia, chronic fatigue, and boosts energy levels.
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper for optimal nutrient absorption of the turmeric’s healing properties
Since all the healthy benefits of the ingredients of this smoothie are introduced, watch the video below to see the instructions how to make one.
Source: Juicing For Health