Recently, there was a study published in the journal Atherosclerosis which suggested that pomegranate extract can prevent or reverse the progressive thickening of the coronary arteries caused by fatty material buildup, known as atherosclerosis.
This health problem is the primary pathology that has been related to cardiac mortality. Moreover, it was found that pomegranate can boost blood flow in the cardiovascular system of those people who suffer from heart disease, lower high blood pressure and inflammation. Pomegranate has been also found to lower excess triglycerides caused by excessive consumption of processed foods.
So, you can prevent heart attack and many other health issues by consuming pomegranates on a daily basis. Keep reading and find out more about the numerous benefits of this amazing fruit!
The Health Benefits of Pomegranate:
- It reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- It decreases the plaque buildup in the arteries and prevent the formation of heart disease
- This fruit is abundant in vitamin C that can fight any type of infections
- Pomegranate possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties and it can reduce inflammation
- Drinking pomegranate juice can regenerate the liver
- By consuming pomegranates on a regular basis, you will be able to decrease your body fat. According to a study conducted by the University of Edinburgh, the pomegranates help lower visceral fat, known as the most dangerous type of fat
- Pomegranates are very beneficial for your dental health. They can help prevent dental plaque due to their antibacterial properties
- The regular consumption of pomegranates can help in cases of lymphoma, diabetes, prostate and breast cancer
- Due to its high content of antioxidants, this fruit can prevent the development of heart disease
- The antioxidants and phytonutrients found in pomegranate can also protect the DNA.
How to Choose the Best Pomegranates:
Make sure that the pomegranates have large, firm, and smooth skin. Moreover, they should have rich color without any blemishes or cuts.
How to Store Them:
You can keep this fruit at a cool and dry place for 1 month. If it is stored in the refrigerator, it can last up to 2 months!
How to Prepare Them:
Slice the fruit off the top and score its skin in quarters. Then, you should open it up and place each quarter of it underwater. Use your fingers so you can ream the seeds from the inside. The white membrane will start floating whereas the seeds sinking. Finally, pour off the membranes.
You should consume the pomegranate seeds raw. Add them to your salads or desserts!
Source: Daily Health Keeper