The benefits of ginger have been discussed across and beyond, and we are all aware of the fact that it is one of the healthiest products on Earth. In this article we will bring you even closer to its power, and you will learn the greatest methods of application.
Here is a brief introduction for absolute beginners. Ginger reduces irritation and aches, it enhances digestion, and boosts immunity. Ginger root is super powerful in the treatment of ailments that affect the immune or digestive system, it also relieves asthma symptoms and improves cardiovascular health.
Today, the world knows more about its benefits that enjoy strong scientific backup as well. It is all in its essential oils. Shogaols, zingerone and gingerols give ginger its power to fight against viruses, bacteria, and fungal infections.
What is the recommended daily intake of ginger
Keep in mind that excessive consumption of ginger tea may bring some unwanted effects. The FDA has some specific recommendations regarding the daily intake of ginger, and you may want to check the exact dosing. Never ever use more than you are advised. If you think that these amounts are too high for you, keep in mind that even lower doses can cause certain side effects. Stick to the recommended intake.
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- Coconut milk (to enhance the flavor)
- raw honey (as a sweetener)
Boil the water and add in the spicy powders. Turn the heat on low, and simmer for additional 10 minutes. Add in your coconut milk, and strain the tea. This step is optional. You can add some raw and organic honey to sweeten your tea.
- Regular consumption of ginger tea improves the immune function, because ginger is packed with mighty antioxidants that fight infections.
- Ginger tea aids in the treatment of common cold, flu, and cold sores, because it improves the way your body reacts to infections.
- The tasty tea breaks down fat deposits in blood vessels. Drink it every day.
- It acts as an excellent painkiller, since it stops the prostaglandins from triggering an inflammatory reaction. Use ginger tea to relieve muscle pain, flu, common colds, and headaches.
- Enjoy a cup of ginger tea regularly to enhance blood circulation and contribute to an optimal transportation of both vitamins and minerals throughout the system. This has great impact on the overall health.
- Ginger tea aids in eliminating bad breath and stress.
- It relieves menstrual pain and helps in fertility issues.
- Drink it to flush toxins out of the liver.
- Antioxidants in liver prevent free radical damage.
- Ginger tea decreases bad (LDL) cholesterol levels, and increases good (HDL) cholesterol.
The following groups of people should be careful about their ginger intake:
- If you are dealing with any kind of blood problems, consult your doctor before you add ginger tea to your diet. This tea may slow down blood coagulation. This applies especially to hemophiliacs and patients who take blood thinners.
- If you suspect of having gallstones, reconsider your habit to drink ginger tea, because it stimulates the production of bile. Given that bile worsens the condition of people with gallstones, you may want to avoid ginger tea.
- Those who deal with high blood pressure and take medications for this condition should consult their doctor, because ginger tea can lower blood pressure dramatically.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding moms should be careful as well. Some say that ginger tea relieves morning sickness, but others say it can intoxicate unborn babies or babies who are still breastfed.
Source: Healthy Food House