Also, the consumption of cauliflower will increase the amount of phytonutrients and antioxidants in your body, as it is rich in:
- Vitamin C
- Cinnamic acid
The Cauliflower and Turmeric Combination
When cauliflower is mixed with turmeric, their combination is enriched and made even more powerful. The main ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has been shown to possess more than 150 beneficial therapeutic activities, such as strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
The findings of Dr. William LaValley, whose main clinical work is concentrated on cancer treatment, claims that curcumin can be used in the treatment of almost all cancer types. He moreover adds that the highest volume of literature based on evidence confirms its effectiveness in the treatment of cancer.
Curcumin modulates the genetic expression and activity by destroying cancer cells and promoting the function of cells. Furthermore, it also supports anti-angiogenesis. This means that curcumin inhibits the increase of additional blood supply needed for the growth of cancer cells.
Numerous other clinical studies prove that it may also be of great help in the following cases:
- Preventing formation of tumor
- Protecting against symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Accelerating wound healing
- Reducing the symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- Preventing pulmonary toxicity and fibrosis
- Preventing cataracts
- Preventing platelet aggregation
- Preventing symptoms related to type- 2 diabetes
- Supporting bile secretion
- Inhibiting oxidation of low-density lipoprotein
- Preventing HIV replication
- Promoting healthy levels of cholesterol
- Stopping thrombosis and myocardial infarction
- Reducing rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
- Preventing liver damage
Yet, although curcumin is found in turmeric, the regular spice doesn’t contain the needed amounts to provide all these important health benefits. Namely, it contains only 3% curcumin concentration. Therefore, in order to enjoy all these medicinal effects of curcumin, you need to take turmeric extract supplements which have at least 95% curcuminoids.
Apart from the recipe that we suggested above, we will provide an additional recipe that contains these two healthy ingredients, turmeric and cauliflower. This second recipe also contains high amounts of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory effects. A serving of this miraculous recipe will provide 181% of your daily recommended dosage of vitamin C, 46%of vitamin K and 33 % of folate.
What’s more, its preparation is almost instant, so in only 5 minutes, you will prepare your healthy meal!
Turmeric and Cauliflower instant recipe
- Cauliflower (organic) – 1 lb
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable broth or chicken (low-sodium) – 5 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Garlic cloves (medium) chopped/pressed
- Pepper and salt – To taste
Method of preparation:
Chop the cauliflower florets into quarters and leave them for 5 minutes, in order to activate their health properties. Chop the garlic and leave it for 5 minutes as well. In a skillet, add 5 tablespoons of broth and heat. As soon as it starts steaming, add the turmeric and the cauliflower in the skillet. Do not cook more than 5 minutes, in order to obtain al dente cauliflower.
Next, pour the mixture into a bowl. In order to enrich the taste, you can add cauliflower into the remaining ingredients right away, and do not need to prepare the dressing alone.
Source: Healthy Food Star