Raw Homemade Lemonade: The Anti-Inflammatory, Antiviral Recipe That Is Also Sugar Free
When the hot summer days roll around, I guess that you have only one thing on your mind when it comes to drinks: fresh homemade lemonade! Enjoying this super-fresh drink is a great way to quench your thirst during the summer days, and boost your immunity during the winter season.
Lemons boast antibacterial, antiviral, immune-boosting and weight-loss benefits
Even though they are acidic to taste, lemons are alkaline-forming in the body. What is more, they are some of the most alkaline-forming foods and are excellent for maintaining healthy pH levels. Lemons have a high nutritional profile and are a great source of nutrients like limonene, citric acid, pectin, magnesium, vitamin C, and calcium, all of which can boost your immunity and protect you from various infections.
16 Health Benefits of Lemons
- Due to its alkaline nature, lemons can restore balance to the body’s pH levels
- Lemons are abundant with vitamin C and flavonoids, which can fight against flu, cold, and other infections
- Lemon juice destroys intestinal worms
- Vitamin C helps neutralize free radicals
- It is very beneficial for vision, pungent, and astringent
- Lemons contain bioflavinoids which can strengthen the blood vessels
- Regular consumption of lemon juice helps treat scurvy
- The lemon peel has tangeretin, a phytonutrient that is very effective in the case of Parkinson’s and other brain disorders
- Lemon has the ability to create a healthy bowel movement and help with regularity
- It is packed with more than 22 anti-cancer compounds
- Lemon helps improve the symptoms of eye disorders
- It contains citric acid that can dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, and calcium deposits
- Lemons are very effective in the case of difficulty in breathing and insufficient oxygen, like when mountain climbing
- Lemon is an excellent stimulant to the liver. It dissolves uric acid and other poisons, and liquefy the bile
- It works as a powerful antibacterial agent, having the ability to kill off bacteria of cholera, typhoid, malaria, etc.
- Lemon is the only food that is anionic, an ion with a negative charge.
With all the benefits they provide, lemon juice and lemonade can make wonders for your overall health. However, we need to mention that you should prepare your own homemade lemonade instead of using the store-bought because they can be made from artificial flavors!
Raw Homemade Lemonade
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 2 tbsp of raw local honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1 handful ice ( optional)
All you have to do is blend all the ingredients. Then, add the ice and blend once again. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Best Healthy Guide