As the largest organ in the human body, our skin has different functions. Covering nearly 20 square feet, the skin helps us regulate body temperature, protects us from microbes, and permits the sensations of heat, cold, and touch.
So, you should always try to maintain the perfect condition of your skin. In other words, whenever you notice some moles, blackheads, age spots, skin tags, and warts, make sure to use the right treatments to treat them. Always opt for natural, non- toxic remedies! So, keep reading and find out more!
Why Our Skin is Important
Our skin has 3 layers:
- Epidermis (the outer layer)
- Dermis (the middle layer)
- Hypodermis (the inner and thickest layer)
Each of these three layers helps protect us from elements like snow, UV rays from the sun, and rain. Moreover, it regulates our body temperature, fluid balance, circulation, and metabolism.
Natural Remedies for Warts
Warts are growths that are noncancerous. Typically, they occur on the feet and hands. They can spread between people from direct or indirect contact.
- Fresh garlic is the first natural remedy that can help you remove your warts. You should crush a clove of garlic, apply it to your warts and secure it with a bandage. Let it stand for half an hour then remove the bandage. Repeat this procedure two times a day, for 1 week or until you eliminate the warts.
- Vitamin C is the next one on our list of natural remedy. You should crush a few vitamin C pills and mix it with half a tablespoon of water. Apply the mixture to your warts and secure it with a bandage. If you experience a burning sensation, do not worry since this is a normal reaction that will quickly go away.
Natural Remedies for Moles
- The combination of castor oil and baking soda is one of the most effective natural remedies for moles. You should mix a pinch of baking soda with a few oils of castor oil and rub this over your mole. Let it stand for a few hours. Repeat this procedure 2 times a day, for 1 month.
- Pineapple juice is the second remedy that will not only remove your mole but will lighten the pigment as well. Soak a cotton ball in pineapple juice then apply it to the mole. Repeat this 2 times a day for 1 month.
Natural Remedies for Blackheads
Blackheads can affect all people regardless of their age. Typically, they occur as a result of build-up of dirt and dead skin cells. If you don’t treat them properly, this can result in visible breakouts.
- Cinnamon is the most commonly used natural treatment. You should mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with lemon juice. Apply the paste to your blackheads and let it stand for 15 minutes. Then, you can rinse it off.
- Oatmeal is another natural remedy for treating blackheads. Prepare a bowl of oatmeal and mix in a teaspoon of tomato juice and honey. Mix well and apply the paste to your blackheads. Let it stand for 15 minutes then rinse it off.
Natural Remedies for Skin Tags
- Apple cider vinegar is the first remedy that can eliminate these soft pieces of skin. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub your skin tag with it. Then, let the cotton ball stand for a few hours. Repeat this procedure 3 times a day or until you eliminate the skin tags.
- Tea tree oil is another remedy that is very effective for eliminating skin tags. You should soak a cotton ball in water and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Use the cotton ball to gently massage your skin tag. After 3 hours, you can wash it off. Repeat this procedure 3 times a day or until you eliminate the skin tags.
Natural Remedies for Age Spots
- Rosehip essential oil is the first remedy. Before you start, ensure that the area is damp. Massage the oil on your skin for 2 minutes. This oil contains potent antioxidants that can reduce the age spot.
- Geranium oil is similar to the previous oil due to the antioxidants it contains. Mix 5 drops of geranium oil with coconut oil or olive oil. Apply this paste to your age spots before going to bed.
Source: My Healthy Future