Millions of People are Exposed to Toxic Mold Every Day! Here Are 14 Early Signs You May be One of Them

Mold is actually a fungus that consists of small organisms. It can occur in different colors (black, grey, green, purple, yellow, and white). It usually grows behind walls and below floors.

Most people are not familiar with the fact that mold can cause many diseases, and in some cases, can be life-threatening. The worst part is that a great number of people around the world are constantly exposed to toxic mold by breathing, mold, or indigestion and they are not even aware of this.

Mold Exposure Can Cause Serious Damage to Our Health!

Some molds can release toxic chemicals known as mycotoxins. It is very difficult to kill these toxic chemicals. However, it is not impossible. They can contaminate everything in your home (furniture, floors, walls, and clothes).

They can enter your body and weaken your immunity, nervous system, joints, etc. Molds can also produce irritants and allergens that can trigger reactions often associated with the sensitivities of an individual. Recent studies showed that 25% of Americans are genetically predisposed to experience problems with water-damaged buildings.

The Symptoms of Mold Exposure:

Chronic mold toxicity has similar symptoms with other diseases and syndromes, such as Celiac Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Lyme disease. This means that it is often misdiagnosed by health professionals.

It has been shown that exposure to mold can lead to:

  • Sleep disorders
  • Mood Swings
  • Joint Pain
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Memory Loss
  • Weight Fluctuation
  • Food Sensitivities
  • Sensitivity to Light
  • Numbness and Tingling
  • Nausea and Diarrhea
  • Increased Urination
  • Excessive Thirst
  • Blurred Vision

When your immune system is not functioning property, some infectious diseases from the mold can have a negative effect on your skin, eyes, lungs, etc.

Where Does Mold Hide?

50% of the buildings in America have water damage. Mold usually occurs in damp places, such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, crawl spaces, and basements. It usually starts with a leak in your roof, a plumbing problem or after a food.

It is known that dirty HVAC systems collect moisture and dust, meaning that they are a great place mold growth, even though there is not a leak. We should also mention that there are molds in food. Nuts, chocolate, grains, wine, and coffee are high in mycotoxins

What Can You Do About Mold Exposure?

  • Get Informed

Find out more about mold toxicity from Dr. Shoemaker’s website, and his book, “Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings”. You can also watch “Moldy”, a documentary that tells us more about mold diagnosis, treatments, experiences and resources that many patients went through.

  • Test For Mold Exposure In Your Surroundings

ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index) is one of the most commonly used tests today. You can take samples from your home and your office. It is very important to test the space before your spend your time there, because mold spores can only worsen the situation.

  • Work With A Professional

When you get the results and you see that they confirm the presence of mold, you should hire a mold remediation professional. Moreover, you will need to use a contractor grade drying system. After mold removal and repairing leaks, you should do another test. In this way, you will ensure that all of the spores are removed.

  • Find the Right Doctor

Your body will need to go through a detoxification process, so it is recommended to work with a certified in the Shoemaker Protocol!

  • Support Your Body

It is very important to eliminate foods that feed or contain mold, yeast, and fungus (sugars and carbohydrates). You can also take supplements such as Glutathione and Activated Charcoal. They will eliminate the toxins.

Source: Moving To Organic

Comments

Leave a Reply