How to Make Lavender Lemonade to Help Relieve Headaches And Anxiety
Nearly everyone has had a headache, the most common form of pain. Anxiety is another very common health problem, affecting a great number of people.
When it comes to treating these problems, many people rely on various medications, hoping that they will provide positive effects. However, in many cases, they will not treat your problem effectively. The worst part is that they will cause further side-effects and health complications.
So, the best thing you should do is try to treat your headaches and anxiety naturally. Lavender lemonade is known as one of the most effective methods for treating these problems.
Using lavender to spice up your lemonade will help you to obtain its medicinal benefits. Its pleasant aroma will relax the senses. You can use the flower or lavender oil. It is up to you! The lavender oil is extremely healthy essential oil. People who have tried it claim that it provides amazing results.
Lavender oil contains more than 150 active compounds. It possesses potent antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic, hypotensive, sedative, and detoxifying properties. According to a recent study, lavender oil has the ability to soothe anxiety and lower pulse rates in nursing students before taking stressful tests. Lavender essential oil benefits people who have insomnia, depression, sinus congestion, hangovers, and labor pains.
Lavender has been traditionally used for centuries due to the powerful calming properties it possesses.
Health benefits of lavender aromatherapy:
- Lavender aromatherapy lowers the pain and the need for conventional analgesics in both adults and children
- Individuals who were receiving lavender oil (10%) olfaction for 3 minutes report that they experienced significant improvements. They felt more relaxed, managed to reduce their anxiety levels, improve their mood and enhance their scores of alpha power on EEG (an indicator of alertness), and speed of mathematical calculations
- It is scientifically proved that the aroma of lavender is extremely pleasant and is related to changes in the autonomic nervous system
- The lavender aroma is said to improve the work environment in a hospital setting where the employees constantly experience stress
- A group of experts examined the effects of lavender oil on anxiety and depressed mood in female patients treated with chronic hemodialysis. They estimated the effects of aromatherapy using the Hamilton rating scale for anxiety (HAMA) and the Hamilton rating scale for depression (HAMD). The results showed that lavender aroma managed to reduce the mean scores of HAMA!
How to prepare the lavender lemonade:
- 1/4 cup dried lavender. dried, organic culinary lavender ( or 1 drop lavender essential oil)
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups pure water
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
You should boil half of the water in a pan. Then, remove it from heat and add the dried lavender and the honey. Let it steep for 20 minutes then make sure to strain well and pour it into a large container. Add the rest of the water and the lemon juice, and stir well. Keep your lemonade in the fridge.
Lavender can be used in other ways for improving your health:
Add 2 drops of Lavender per ounce of the organic natural body oil that you prefer. This will improve your sleep and your skin, keep insects at bay, and relax your mind
To hydrate your dry skin, add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to your bath.
Diffuse 10-12 drops of lavender into the air to naturally relieve stress.
Source: Healthy Food House