Maize has a handful of benefits and is high in vitamin A, B and E. Maize contains antioxidants which are anticancer, and is good in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
This food is excellent in the fight against excess weight: boiled corn contains only 124 calories.
Maize has no cholesterol and contains very low levels of saturated fats. However, the advantages of the consumption of cooked corn are special by themselves, and here are 7 of them:
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- It reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the blood
- Keeps diabetes and hypertension under control
- Reduces the possibility of hemorroids’ return
- Regulates digestion
- Strengthens bones
- Acts positively on skin and eyesight