Fight Cold And Flu Symptoms At Home Using This Efficient Natural Remedy
If your usual medications cannot solve your issues, try something new, oregano oil.
The oil of oregano can ease the symptoms of colds, flu, cough, asthma and upset stomach signs.
It may help in the case of inflammation of the respiratory tract and herpes. Oregano is rich in vitamin K and antioxidants. Moreover, it contains vitamin E and calcium as well.
Research at the University of Arizona found that the chemical ingredients of oregano have antiviral and disinfectant properties. The substance called carvacrol has the ability to destroy viruses and to enable the antimicrobial agents in the body to attack more effectively.
It can be very useful when it comes to virus followed by vomiting, because such a virus cannot be killed with disinfectants and quickly spreads, especially in hospitals.
Did you think that oregano can serve only to enhance the flavor of your pizza or spaghetti sauce? Well, it is not quite so.
Facts about this oil:
- There are numerous types of oregano. “Origanum vulgare” is the type that provides the best effect.
- Oregano oil must be diluted with water or juice or taken in the form of a pill, but you mustn’t drink it often.
- If you have a sore throat or a cold, put a few drops of this oil in boiling water and drink it.
- Mix a few drops of oregano oil with olive oil and apply the mixture to the problematic areas of the skin.
- Use 6-7 drops per day for 20 days, no more.
- Oregano can cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to basil, lavender, marjoram or sage. It is not recommended for pregnant women.
- It can be taken in the form of capsules or in a liquid form. Read the instructions on the product before you buy it, to see the percentage of oil it contains.