Fight Cancer With the Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That Everyone is Using
Marijuana got public’s attention due to its huge potential of treating and curing cancer. Cannabinoids in this plant tend to bind with already present receptors within the body, meaning that the human body is designed to work with this ‘thing.’
Endocannabinoids that are triggered in the body carry out several beneficial functions, including the regulation of cell growth. Some experts believe that our ability to provide receptors for these chemicals is an actual sign that humans have evolved to consume the plant, which is also confirmed by the positive effect of the aforementioned chemicals.
Smoking the plant is one of the most usual way of using it, but fire triggers excess chemicals that may cause avoidable damages. Rick Simpson is a pioneer in the field of medical application of cannabis. He managed to master the production of cannabis oil. Moreover, he shared his technique with the world, and it comes for free.
You need an ounce of dried plant, which typically provides 3-4 grams of oil. Keep in mind that the amount per ounce always varies. An entire pound of dried herb usually provides about 2 ounces of high-quality hemp oil.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The following instructions are summarized from the original recipe that is provided on Rick Simpson’s website. Pay special caution when boiling the solvent off, since the fumes it releases are highly flammable. DO NOT smoke, stay away from sparks, stove-tops, and red hot heating elements. Make sure you provide a fan near the fumes to blow them away from your pot. Perform the production in a well-ventilated area.
- Put your dry herb in a plastic bucket.
- Use the solvent of your choice to dampen the plant. You can use variety of solvents, but pure naphtha, ether, butane, 99% isopropyl alcohol, and even water are the most common. You need 2 gallons of solvent to extract the THC from one pound of dried plant, and 500ml will do if you use an ounce of dried material.
- Use a clean wooden stick, or anything similar to crush the plant. Be careful, the wood should not be treated. Your herb shall be damp, but it will crush easily, since it is dry.
- Keep crushing your damp herb while drizzling in the solvent. Do this until your plant material is fully covered and well soaked. Stir the mixture for additional 3 minutes. The THC will dissolve shall dissolve off into the solvent.
- Transfer the solvent oil mixture into a separate bucket. Now you have taken out around 80% of the THC from the plant material.
- Wash 2: Again, add solvent to the mixture, and do the same again for another 3 minutes. This step will provide you the remaining THC from the material.
- Transfer the solvent oil mixture in the bucket with the first mixture that you already poured out.
- Get rid of the plant material. You have worked it twice.
- Strain the solvent oil mix using a coffee filter into a clean container.
- At this point you have to boil the solvent. Rice cookers can help you boil it off well, and will preserve over a half gallon of the oil solvent mixture. CAUTION: Stay away from stove-tops, red hot elements, sparks, cigarettes, and open flames – the fumes are easily flammable.
- Pour solvent into the rice cooker until you have it ¾ full. Turn our cooker on HIGH heat. Again, you need to do this in well-ventiled area, and provide a fan near you to blow solvent fumes away. Keep adding the mixture to the cooker as the solvent evaporates. Do this until you add it all to your cooker.
- As the mixture in your cooker reduces for the very last time, pour in a few drops of water. You need about 10 drops for a pound of dry herb. This will stimulate the release of solvent residue, and plus you will protect your oil from extremely high heat.
- When you get to an inch of your solvent-water mixture, use your oven mitts and pick the unit up. Carefully swirl the content until your solvent boils off.
- Once the solvent boils off, turn your rice cooker on LOW heat. Keep in mind that the oil should not reach over 290 degrees F, or 140 degrees C.
- With your oven mitts still one take the pot with the oil from your rice cooker. Carefully transfer the oil into any stainless steel container of your choice.
- Put the container in a dehydrator, or set it on any gentle heating device. Coffee warmers will do just fine. You may need several hours, but both water and volatile terpenes shall evaporate from your oil. Your oil is ready for use once you notice there is no activity on its surface.
- Use a plastic syringe to suck up the oil. You can use any other container that works for this purpose, but syringes make it easier for you to dispense the oil. Completely cool oil resembles thick grease, at least when It comes to its consistency.
Visit Rick’s website for more information regarding proper dosing, or any other questions you may have.
Source: The Healthy Avengers