Energy Efficient Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. Reasons to Go Back To Incandescent Bulbs
Economy bulbs contain mercury. Mercury is a powerful neurotoxin which is especially harmful to children and pregnant women. It is toxic for the brain, nervous system, liver and kidneys. I can cause disorders of the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive system.
Mercury can cause fatigue, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer disease.
Most of us in order to save energy and money changed old standard lights with new eco lights for energy saving. Still, new generations of energy efficient lights is so toxic that the US Agency for Environmental Protection started an emergency protocol which is to be conducted in case of breaking of these lights and releasing of toxic gases.
A study conducted by researchers from the Vilhelm Klauditz Fraunhofer Institute showed that these light bulbs, if broken indoors, release 20 times more mercury than the maximum allowed amount.
Energy efficient lights can cause:
- Epilepsy attacks
- Impossibility to concentrate
Why should we get back to old light bulbs?
- Energy efficient light bulbs contain mercury. Mercury is a powerful neurotoxin which is especially harmful to children and pregnant women. It is toxic for the brain, nervous system, liver and kidneys. I can cause disorders of the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive system. Mercury can cause fatigue, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer disease.
- Energy efficient light bulbs can cause cancer
A new study conducted by Peter Braun in Berlin revealed that these lights contain toxic carcinogens which can cause cancer:
- phenol, sweet sour poison in the form of crystals, which is created from tar and is used in the chemical industry
- naphthalene- a flammable compound in crystal form which is created by distillation of tar, and is used in products for elimination of moths, and as a raw material in the chemical industry
- styrene- unsaturated hydrocarbon liquid which is obtained as a by-product in the production of petroleum
- Economy bulbs release large amounts of UV radiation
Economy light bulbs emit UV-B radiation and small amounts of UV-C radiation. It is a well- known fact that UV radiation is harmful for the skin (causes skin cancer) and eyes. The emission of energy efficient light bulbs directly affects the immune system and damages skin tissue to the extent that it prevents the creation of vitamin D.
Finally, these lights are so toxic that should not be thrown away in regular dustbins. They are a hazardous waste. In case you break that kind of light at home, open all doors and windows and leave the house for at least 15 minutes, in order to minimize the exposure to poisonous gas.
Source: Healthy Food Team