Figs and olive oil make a perfect combination. It’s a common remedy in coastal areas, and people love its natural power. You can use this simple remedy in the treatment of various ailments, and we give you some of them:
- Stomach issues
- High cholesterol
- Figs are one of the richest plant sources of calcium, which makes them excellent choice for those who are allergic to lactose.
- Fiber in figs enhances digestions.
- Potassium in figs regulates blood pressure and other vital functions. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids regulate blood pressure, and maintain heart health at optimal level.
- Dried figs are the best of all dried fruits due to their phenol antioxidant content. Scientists have found that two medium-sized figs a day boost the antioxidant shield in your body.
- Figs can aid in the treatment of kidney stones. Boil 6 figs, and use the simple remedy for a month.
- Fig leaves offer anti-diabetic properties, as they lower the dose of insulin used in diabetics.
- Tryptophan promotes good sleep, and treats insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Vitamin C in figs lightens and evens out skin. Antioxidants in figs improve skin complexion.
- Vitamin B6 in figs relieves morning sickness.
Dried figs and olive oil recipe
- 40 dried figs
- Olive/avocado oil
Put the figs in a large jar, and pour in the oil. Make sure every bit of the figs is submerged. Put the lid on, and let the figs rest for 40 days so they can absorb enough of the oil.
For optimal results, eat one fig before your meals.
Source: Healthy Food House