The liver is one of the most vital organs in the body. It is of significant importance to maintain its proper function as it is responsible for processing nutrients from food, creating bile to eliminate toxins from the body, and distributing protein throughout the body.
Unfortunately, sometimes our liver can become overwhelmed with toxic buildup due to the pesticides and chemicals found in the food we consume. If our liver is overtaxed and it does not get proper detoxification, it can result in digestive issues, indigestion, weight gain, abdominal bloating, headaches, PMS, gallbladder issues, heartburn, and liver spots.
Turmeric Tea and Liver Detox
Detoxification can help you to maintain the proper function of your liver. Turmeric tea is definitely one of the best detoxifiers. Turmeric derives from ginger family and it provides various medicinal properties for which is widely used in India.
The active compound in turmeric is curcumin which is responsible for the turmeric’s bright yellow color. Actually, curcumin is the one which stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile, which is used by the liver in order to eliminate the toxins. Once the toxins are eliminated by the liver, the bile rejuvenates the cells. This is the reason why turmeric is used to treat liver and digestion issues.
You can also consume turmeric in a liquid form. You can try the delicious turmeric liquid extract from PuraThrive which is made with liposomes that are responsible for delivering the nutrients directly to your cells so the risk of urinating them all out could be avoided. You can consume it straight or add a few drops to a glass of water or to your morning smoothie. It will keep you energized throughout the entire day.
Ingredients for Turmeric Tea
- Fresh turmeric:Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties and it is extremely effective in treating digestive issues and relieving nausea and intestinal gas.
- Fresh ginger: Ginger and turmeric are considered as the best herbs which can treat gastrointestinal problems and joint pain.
- Black pepper:Black pepper improves the bioavailability of curcumin.
- Cinnamon:Cinnamon can reduce inflammation due to its powerful antioxidant properties. When is combined with ginger and turmeric, it works as a strong anti-inflammatory.
- Coconut milk:Coconut milk contains healthy fats which can help with the absorption of turmeric.
- Raw honey:Raw honey is a great source of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Also, it acts as a natural sweetener for the tea.
Fill half of the mug with boiling water and add 2 teaspoons of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of ginger. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of raw honey, and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. The rest of your mug fill it with coconut milk and make sure to mix it well.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea:
- Improves liver function, thus boosting the immunity
- Reduces cholesterol
- Purifies the blood
- Detoxifies the body and liver
- Prevents internal blood clotting
- Improves the complexion of your skin
- Improves circulation throughout the body
Source: Healthiest Universe