Do Not Throw Away Food: 15 Ingenious Kitchen Tricks
Using these kitchen tricks you will quit the habit of throwing away your food, but you will also save your budget:
- Lettuce will last longer if you put it in a larger paper bag before placing in the refrigerator.
- Before you put them in the refrigerator, coat the eggs with oil. The oil will keep them fresh for another 3-4 weeks.
- Peel the ginger with a teaspoon – it is much easier and you have a minimum of waste.
- If you need a little lemon juice for some recipe, simply inject it with a toothpick and drain as much as you need. Then, cover the hole with a piece of Sellotape and place the lemon in the refrigerator.
- Wash fresh blueberries wash in water to which you previously have put vinegar, to prevent the occurrence of mold.
- Keep the onion in paper bags with holes, because it is the only way it can stay fresh up to 2 months.
- Keep cut pieces of avocados together with onions, since onions will retain their freshness longer than usual.
- Keep apples and potatoes together. The ethylene from the apple will prevent the potatoes to germinate.
- Clean mangoes better and easier with the help of a glass.
- Keep the pineapple turned downwards, because it will speed up the process of its maturing, due to the sugar going up.
- Wrap the celery in foil and it will last up to 1 month (the same goes for broccoli).
- Wrap the banana top in plastic foil and it will last 3-5 days longer than usual.
- Make herbal spices ice cubes: fresh herbs quickly get spoiled. So, you should chop them, mix them with some butter and olive oil, and put the mix into molds for ice cubes and freeze them.
- Pour the used coffee grounds into the soil of your plants. This is especially beneficial if you have roses, strawberries or tomatoes.
- You can grow over 20 types of vegetables and spices out of their remains.
An average household throws about 25% of the food and beverages bought. Stop being one of these people. Using these kitchen tricks you will quit the habit of throwing away your food, but you will also save your budget: Lettuce will last longer if you put it in a larger paper...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorNatural Cures And Home Remedies