It is quite rare nowadays for one to have healthy teeth. The food we consume, everyday stress, unhealthy way of life, and many will also add the validity of the products we use for teeth and mouth cavity care, affect the health of our teeth.At early age, the teeth are still in a development process, but when adults, we are not certain of we have more dental fillings, crowns or healthy teeth. Teeth have essential role since they grind food, so it can be better processed in the digestive system. Therefore, the more you chew food, the better digestion and healthier teeth.
The majority of you know that commercial toothpastes contain many toxic substances like sodium lauryl sulphate, triclosan, artificial colors and flavors, saccharin, propylene glycol, which are related to the occurrence of tumors, allergic reactions, damages to eyes and brain.
If you do not want to use classical toothpastes, you can prepare your own toothpaste at home.
These toothpastes are quite simple and interesting to prepare, but do not make foam as the ordinary ones, (since they do not contain sodium lauryl sulphate). Use a soft toothbrush so you’d be able to massage the gingival as well.
Usually, they make use of substances which have positive and antibacterial effects in the oral cavity, such as baking soda ( disinfectant), lemon (bleaching and cleaning of teeth, breath freshener), sage (antibacterial effects, teeth bleaching, gingival healing) and others.
Below are some examples of the preparation process of natural toothpaste at home:
- 2-3 teaspoons baking soda, 3 teaspoons coconut oil, 1 teaspoon stevia extract, 15- 20 drops of cinnamon, orange and mint essential oil. Melt the coconut oil, add the other ingredients and stir well. Put the mixture into a glass jar or a tube, and leave it to cool and tighten.
- Baking soda, 2 teaspoons mint leaves powder, 2-3 teaspoons distilled water and 6 drops of mint essential oil. Stir until you get a creamy mixture.
- 100gr, green tea, 1 tespoon baking soda. Leave the green tea for 30 minutes, strain it and mix the liquid with baking soda.
- 6 teaspoons green clay for oral use, 6 teaspoons baking soda, 5-6 teaspoons glycerol (you can find it in pharmacies), 20+ drops of mint or sage essential oil, 10 drops of orange essential oil, lemon, cloves, lavender, geranium and cinnamon.
- A fingerful of sea salt, a fingerful of baking soda, mix them in honey and create your toothpaste.
- Put a fingerful of cinnamon on your toothbrush and brush your teeth well.
Source: Healthy Food House