Coconut oil is known for winning the hearts of people who take care of their health. But however coconut butter which is known as its sister is about to make her way onto the stage. It can be used in many ways: put in coffee or being spread on toast. They both originate from the same tree.
Coconut oil is simply extracted from the fruit while coconut butter is made from blending all parts of the coconut including the flesh. And because of this, coconut butter contains fiber, potassium, magnesium and iron in addition to fat. One common thing for both of them is that they can help to improve your health.
Health Benefits of Coconut Butter:
It is a good source of lauric acid. This acid helps in boosting the immunity and destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi which are harmful. It is the same acid found in breast milk which helps for the development of the immune system fighting viral and fungal infections.
Helps with Weight Loss
Coconut butter can help in losing a few pounds. It can increase your metabolism, which helps in losing weight. If you have a fast metabolism your body will be able to break up the eaten food much quicker, giving you more energy and allowing you to burn more calories.
Also, coconut butter has a lot of healthy fats that are used by your body as energy rather than storage. It will make you fell full longer and will curb your appetite.
By eating one or two teaspoons coconut butter a day, you will feel a difference in two weeks.
Coconut butter can also help you to look good. It protects from the free radicals that can damage the skin. Also, it is a great moisturizer which can help to penetrate the deep layers of the skin, strengthening the tissues. You can also reduce the look of aging by improving the skin’s elasticity.
Stabilizes Blood Sugar
The blood sugar levels can have an impact on your weight. And having high blood sugar levels makes it harder for the body to break it all down. And because of it, the excess sugar is stored as fat.
You can lower your glycemic index by adding coconut butter to your diet. This will help in preventing the blood sugar levels from spiking. It can also help in protecting the skin from insulin resistance, which is associated with type II diabetes.
Delicious ways to use coconut butter:
The greatest thing about coconut butter is its usage in a variety of foods. It has a lot of flavors and is extremely easy to incorporate into a meal, snack or drink. By adding coconut butter in your diet, you will provide your body and brain with a number of health benefits.
- You can eat coconut butter straight from the jar. It is delicious.
- You can melt it and pour it on a winter squash or a sweet potato.
- You can use it in a curry dish or stir fry for an extra amazing flavor
- You can add it to a smoothie like this pina colada is really refreshing.
- You can spread it on toast instead of real butter and some almond butter for a satisfying snack.
- You can make an amazing dessert by drizzling it over berries and other fruit in a bowl.
- You can toss it with some shrimp or chicken and add some hot sauce. And if you are a vegetarian you can toss it with tofu.
- For an antioxidant-bursting treat, you can add a spoonful to some cacao nibs.
- For a healthier fat, you can use it instead of dairy butter in baking a healthier fat.
Coconut Butter Recipes
Espresso Cacao Chip Coconut Spread
- 5 table spoons coconut butter
- 1 shot espresso, warm (room temperature)
- 1 table spoon raw cacao nibs
- ½ banana (or try subbing avocado)
- 2 table spoons cacao powder- or tablespoons of nibs dash cinnamon
- 2 table spoons maple or agave syrup pinch salt
- Spicy Goji Coconut Spread
- 5 table spoons coconut butter
- 2 table spoons goji berries, soaked in warm water for at least 20 minutes (drain water before adding)
- 1 banana
- 2 dashes cayenne (optional)
- 1-3 table spoons maple or agave syrup
- Simple Strawberry
- 5 table spoons virgin coconut oil
- 5-6 strawberries pinch salt
- 2 table spoons maple or agave syrup
- Almond Butter Coconut Spread
- 2 table spoons almond butter
- 3 table spoons virgin coconut butter
- 1 banana
- 1-2 table spoons maple or agave syrup pinch salt
- Dash cinnamon
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend it until it gets creamy. If you need more liquid while blending, add water or warmed non-diary milk. If too runny, put in the fridge or freezer for a bit until it firms up. You can keep in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.
Source: Family Life Goals