Dark armpits are caused by exposure to certain chemicals and the repeated use of removal creams, deodorants, antiperspirants. These chemicals can cause allergic or irritation reaction that leads to thickening of the skin and hyperpigmentation.
If you feel self- conscious about this phenomenon, and would gladly use some natural method to lighten up your dark armpits, we will offer the top 8 ways to reach your goal:
- Place potato slices under your arms- It is mildly acidic and is a natural bleaching agent. It is more gentle than lemon so it can be applied on the sensitive skin. Take a slice of it and rub it in there for 5- 10 min twice a day.
- Lemon juice- natural bleacher, stronger than potatoes, but should not be used in the case of a sensitive skin. Lemon will naturally exfoliate the skin. Rub the lemon juice under your armpits and then rinse it off.
- Waxing- this procedure will completely remove the hairs from the root to the tip, as they can cause dark armpits.
- Exfoliate with lemon and brown sugar scrub- Dark skin cells make the underarms appear darker. This scrub will loosen up the skin and bring new skin back to the surface. You can replace the lemon juice with some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Papaya scrub- Papayas are rich in papain which removes dirt and dead skin cells. Simply mash some papaya and apply it on the underarms. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Cucumber slices- They are a natural skin lightener. Rub them twice a day and leave it on for 10 min
- Baking soda- Use it as a natural exfoliator. Mix it with some water- rub it under the arms and wash off.
- Orange peel- Keep the orange peels and prepare a paste. Grind the dry peels into a powder in your blender, add some milk until you create a thick paste. Milk contains lactic acid which is also a natural lightening agent. Place the paste onto the underarms for 120 minutes and rinse it off.
There are also medical causes of dark underarms, such as diabetes or endocrine disorders.