A Recipe For Turmeric Juice: A Powerful Healing Beverage
Turmeric cleanses and detoxifies liver. It shows great effect in the treatment of depression, psoriasis, skin issues, arthritis and others the like.
The mighty root is one of the pillars in both Ayurvedic and Chinese traditional medicines, and it has been used for so many centuries.
- 5-7’’ turmeric root
- 5-7 tamarinds
- 2 lemons
- raw honey
You will also need a blender, strainer, bowl, Mason jar or any other glass container with a lid.
- Carefully peel your turmeric. Your fingers will turn yellow, so you may want to wear gloves or just wash your hands with a natural soap. Make sure you clean your cutting board as well. Soak it for several minutes, and thoroughly rub it using a sponge. Turmeric stains are easy to remove.
- Clean your tamarinds well, because you will only need the inner part of the fruit for this recipe.
- Get a larger pot and fill it with water. Add in your turmeric, and let it boil for about 20 minutes. You will notice how the water turns marigold.
- Get another pan, and fill it with an inch of water. Add your tamarinds as well. Whisk using a wooden spoon until it dissolves completely. You do not need any more water, but if you think you need some more, just add as much as you prefer.
The tiny seeds will come out. Once the mixture softens to your liking, turn the heat off, and let it cool.
- Go back to your marigold water. You may need to add some cold water to cool it slightly. Pour the water along with the turmeric in your blender. The boiling step will enhance the flavor of your turmeric root, and soften it a bit. Blend well.
- Place the strainer over a smaller bowl and strain the tamarind mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mash the jam-like substance so you can get only the soft bits of the fruit. You do not need the seeds or their peels.
- Add the mashed tamarind to the blender, and blend again. Transfer the resulting mixture to your glass container. Add in some honey to taste, and put the lid on. Shake the content well.
- Keep the juice in your fridge for 3-4 days before you use it. Drink your healing juice every day.
Source: Healthy Food House