Varicose veins represent a two-sided issue, they can cause a lot of pain, and are disgusting to watch at the same time. Men can also suffer from varicose veins, but it is the women who are often seen with the occurrence of this issue. The occurrence of varicose veins means that blood circulation is hampered, causing the veins to get clogged. Varicose veins are more than just a cosmetic problem. In the search of an answer to the problem, some people turn to surgery treatments, however, there are still self– care measures for their elimination that can be tried before deciding to visit the operating room.
Many experts advise patients that if they cannot consume garlic, to at least insert it into their daily diet. Garlic can help reduce the inflammation brought about by poor blood circulation in your veins. If you are still not used to eating garlic, you can use it as a cream. Add a bit of alcohol and mince some garlic cloves. Apply the solution four times a week on the problematic areas of your legs.
Aloe Vera is known to relieve people from pain since it has a cooling effect. The hot version can be used to treat your varicose veins. Apply the gel to the problematic areas and leave them to stay overnight.
Apple Cider Vinegar
You don’t have to consume apple cider vinegar in order to reduce the inflammation. All that is needed is to moisten a clean cloth or a towel with this kind of vinegar and place it on top of your varicose veins. For a few minutes, leave the cloth there. You can also massage the areas, but start from the bottom part and move your way upward. Make sure that you’re not pressing too much, when you massage the affected areas.
Chili peppers contain properties that can be helpful in decongesting your clogged veins, so it improves blood circulation. Many specialists to their patients recommend the consumption of chili peppers for varicose veins.
We will offer you these two recipes, but you can also make your own recipe for varicose veins treatment:
1. Creamy Recipe: For this recipe, you need Aloe Vera gel, apple cider vinegar and carrots. Put these three in a food processor or a blender and mix them well, until you see they create a thick homogenous paste. Apply the paste for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water after.
2. Leafy Recipe: For the preparation of the second recipe you need laurel, mint, chamomile leaves and two liters of water. Boil these ingredients and let them steep up for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you can apply the solution on your varicose veins. You can also put the solution in a tub or basin where you can easily soak your feet. It becomes even more powerful and with stronger effect if you add sodium to it. Warning: This recipe can cause urticarial in some patients.
At the end, we would offer you more alternative home remedies for varicose veins treatments:
- Essential Oils: The massage with essential oils can be favorable for those who suffer from varicose veins. Make sure that you start with your feet and move upward instead of the other way around. Always be gentle and move in a circular way. It is best that you massage yourself at night before you sleep.
- Immersion Baths: Relax in a tub with water, sea salt, one cup of apple cider vinegar. Soak your legs in the tub, and keep them soaked for about 20 minutes. In the meanwhile, you can massage your legs.
- Chestnut Bark Tea: Make tea by boiling 50 grams of chestnut bark in one liter of water for about 10 minutes. Drink the hot tea, which helps reduce swelling.
- Green Clay Ointment: Prepare a paste or ointment using green clay and mix it with a bit of water. When ready, apply the ointment to your legs or feet and leave it there overnight. You can wash it in the morning with warm water and unscented soap.
- At the end, keep in mind that the best solution is to eat a balanced diet. You can prevent many problems by eating lean protein, such as fruits, healthy foods and vegetables. Many people who are overweight or obese get varicose veins.
Source: Healthy Food House